When you decide to take your next career step, write out your personal and
professional goals to see if they align. The following questions can help you
clarify your objectives:
- Why are you in the field in which you are currently working?
- Are your talents and personality traits being fully utilized?
- Are continuing education and training high priorities where you work?
After you have answered these questions, take the following next steps:
- Career management. Take control of your life by taking positive steps to achieve
- Support. Be sure that your family endorses your choices. You'll be able to move
faster when an offer is tendered.
- Networking. Your career network should include friends, current and former
colleagues, vendors, industry contacts, recruiters, teachers and classmates.
- Skills. Today's economic environment is constantly changing. Make sure your
skills are up-to-date.